Karen Kenyon asked about remedies for her father's constipation.
Our local health food store has three useful remedies:
        1.  Senna capsules.  These contain ground-up senna leaf (the
plant used to make the laxative sennekot).  Take one or two a day.
        2.  Cascara Sagrada capsules.  A type of plant bark.  I believe
that both Senna and Cascara are made by Nature's Way.
        3.  An herbal tea by Traditional Medicinals, called "Smooth Move"(!).
It's made with senna leaf.  Tastes pretty good if you like herb tea.
The label gives this address for Traditional Medicinals: 4515 Ross Rd,
Sebastopol, CA 95472.

        These natural remedies seem to work if taken regularly.

        Lynn Walker