Fellow Members,

At 47 I have had PD for over 15 years.  During the course of time the
symptoms have increased while the side-effects of the medications have
dramatically worsened.  Some of the drugs, such as Amantadine and Parlodel,
had no benefit at all.  Eldepryl, while initially helping, had to be stopped
since it made me vomit a half-dozen times a day.  As you can imagine, that
was horrible.  Low and controlled-protein diets were a total waste of time.

Then I heard of a program for taking vitamin B-12.  I was very skeptical, of
course, but felt there was nothing to lose.  So I started on it.

250mg each morning for the first 7 days

500mg each morning for the next 7 days

750mg each morning for the next 7 days

1000mg each morning from this point onward

There were no immediate or dramatic results.  But after 2 or 3 months I knew
that I felt a bit better.  I tried to take Eldepryl again and have tolerated
in PERFECTLY FOR 6 MONTHS!  Walking has improved.

No, I don't have an explanation for this.  Possibly the B-12 makes my system
able to accept the Eldepryl.  Maybe this is all due to the B-12.  Maybe it is
a fluke.  Could be it is all psychological.  This may not do anything for
you.  It could make you worse.

But one thing is for damned sure: I'm not about to stop taking it!

Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested.  And let's have
some comments, too.

Jim Finn     [log in to unmask]