Hello everyone.  My name is Karen and I'm a new member.
My father was diagnosed with Parkinsons about 2 years ago.
He's 68 and is also a diabetic.  Right now he takes
Sinemet & Eldepryl, plus his insulin injections for the
diabetes.  Any info you have on the interactions of
diabetes and parkinsons is greatly appreciated.  Sometimes
he's not sure which disease his symptoms are related to.

I've already sent my mother to the store for some vitamin E
after reading the posting by Wendy Swanbeck (thank you!).
One of my dad's biggest complaints has been his "jumpy"
legs.  His manfestation of PD seems to be more of a
"slowing down" though, rather than shakes or tremors.
Another complaint is severe constipation.  Any helpful
remedies you have are appreciated.   He also seems to
be depressed, something I've never seen in him before.

I'm looking forward to being a part of a helpful and caring
information exchange.  As I learn more about the disease
I will hopefully be able to share some info with you too.

Thank you!

Karen Kenyon ([log in to unmask]