Hi - I am a child of a Parkinsonian or was - Daddy died Aug. 3.  I live in AZ
- he resided in KY - mom was his caregiver.  You can help her by reading as
much as you can about estate planning to protect her if and when you father
needs to have skilled or merely custodial care in a nursing home.  You can
help by keeping in touch with his neurologist, physical therapist, etc.  When
visiting, offer to do an inservice at the local support group or nursing home
to share your information.  Educate those caring for your father.  Mom would
send me information she couldn't understand and didn't have time to read
about meds, insurance, veterans, medicare, medicaid.  PD and ALZ is a family
disease - start now to monitor your mom's financial health . "Spending down"
is necessary for your mom to receive the best care without worry that there
will be nothing left for her.  It seems cold but love is not enough.  I know.
 Daddy is gone but mom had her house in trust -BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR STATE
LAWS REGARDING healthcare and assets!  She had prearranged burial plans, we
waded through A LOT of paper for veterans pension while Daddy was in the
nursing home including spousal support.  She walked a half mile every day to
the nursing home to care for Daddy. Stage V was horrible.  She prayed.  You
will have to be the strong one and educate yourself - when it's all over then
you collapse.  My heart goes out to you.