Karen,

The best way that I found for anyone to eliminate constipation is found in a boo
 k entitled" Indigestion, Ulcers, Colitis, & Constipation" by Dr. Kurt Donsbach.
   It is not the conventional wisdom of the medical community but works extremel
 y well and gives you an idea of how to combat the other related conditions.  My
  family has several people in the medical community (MD, Neurologist, Nurse,etc
 .) and they cannot take issue with the results.  It is available at most health
  food stores (plenty in the Pittsburgh area).

                        Michael E. Baginski
                        Professor of Electrical Engineering
                        Auburn, University
                        Auburn, Alabama