 J.R. Bruman:

 Your points on spamming were right on.  There's nothing we can really do
 about selfish, avaricious, and uncaring spammers, especially on an
 unregulated and relatively free system like the Internet.  Immature people
 like that are the root of many problems in the world today. It's sad that
 that they are genuinely a minority amongst the population (one would
 hope!), yet they can make life so very bad for the rest of us.  I'm afraid
 the only "hook" to a person like that is their surface mail address.
 Now, if someone wanted to stake out his mailbox...