Vitamin E takers,

It is extremely wise to be aware of the downside of using any additional vitamin
 s (especially the fat soluble ones).  I personally use supplemental vitamins an
 d feel "comfortable" with the safety margin I stay within.  For PD patients wit
 h elevated blood pressure there is the complication that arrises in SOME cases
 -- vitamin E will elevate your blood pressure.  This is usually a transient eff
 ect.  After about a week your blood pressure should decrease due to the diureti
 c effect of vitamin E.  The best book I found that discuss the advantages/disad
 vantages of taking any vitamin is called "The Vitamin Bible" by Earl Mindell.

                        Michael E. Baginski
                        Professor of Electrical Engineering
                        Auburn, University
                        Auburn, Alabama