Henry, I would love to respond to your survey.  But I have no connection
to the writing centre.  And the politics are such here that if I sent
them the survey they would see me as that nosy, officious person from the
English Department.  I wonder how many other people are in the same boat.

Have you contacted Kathy McManus or her associates about your survey.
The reason I ask is that a few years ago Kathy started up a writing
centre network--including a newsletter.  She might still have her
original files with the precise contact names.  I suspect that by phoning
specific people--many of whom (alas) are not connected to Inkshed--and
then faxing them the survey you might get better results.

I strongly suspect that the INkshed network only accesses the "high" end
of writing centres.  By "high" I mean those that have perceived status in
their universities and that have connections that allow them to think of
themselves as part of a discipline.

I will gladly send you the names of the people who run the centre at
Waterloo.  But I think you will get better results if you contact them
yourself.

Also your insufficient (numerically) responses indicate part of the
problem--data itself.

Cathy