I've had numerous requests to repost this info so here it is again:

From: [log in to unmask] (Virginia Herd )
Subject: BLUE GLASSES TECH INFO

I have been an Optician for 14 years.  My dad was Diagnosed with
Parkinson's about a year ago.  After seeing all the info on Blue
Glasses here, I decided to make up a pair for my Dad.  Sohere's the
technical info your optician must use exactly or the tint won't be the
correct shade or intensity.

TINT -- BLUE  BPI (BRAIN POWER, INC.)  (2 bottles to 1 quart of water.
                                        Must be freshly mixed!!
                                              Tint even 2 days old won't give
                                        the appropriate results!)
LENSES-- CR39 PLASTIC                (These are standard plastic
                                        lenses.  You cannot use
                                              those light weight lenses -Hi
                                        Index or Polycarbonate
                                              for this tint!  They will not
                                        tint properly.)
TIMING--2 HOURS                              (It will take right at 2 hours
                                        in the tint solution for these
                                             to be dark enough to be
                                        effective.) ***They will be
                                             DARK***
INTENSITY--50 % LIGHT TRANSMISSION  (These would be classified as
                                    sunglasses in the optical industry.
                                    These degree of tint **#3 Blue** is
                                          dark and may be too dark for
                                    individuals who drive at night or
                                    with cataracts.  If you are still
                                    driving at night you may want to
                                    either lighten the tint to 60%
                                          light transmission or have a second
                                    set tinted to an 80% light
                                    transmission, for wearing only at
                                    night.
                                          WARNING - Your degree of relief
                                    during the daytime will be
                                    compromised if you lighten the
                                    tint.  Most PD patients have the
                                    highest degree of difficulty during
                                    the day.  Hopefully your optician
                                    will be willing to work with you in
                                    acheiving the intensity you need.)

The color that these will turn out to be will be quite shocking to look
at to the average person.  But once you put them on they are so
soothing that you will wonder how you ever got by without them.

You must not vary from this specific color or the glasses will not
work.

A WORD ABOUT COST
This is NOT an expensive service to perform!!  You should not be
charged more than $20 for the addition of this tint to your existing
glasses.  If you have an EXTRA pair of glasses or a pair that
is an old prescription but still close enough to your current
eyeglasses; you might want to have that pair done first and verify just
the intensity you need.

Good luck!!

Should you or your optician need further info please do not hesitate to
contact me by E-MAIL.  I check my e-mail several times a day, but don't
always read my Parkinson's Digest everyday.  So the quickest way to get
a response is e-mail.

Virginia
ABO#12343

P.S.  If you send me a self addressed envelope, with *2* first class
stamps on it and I will send you a tint chip to take to your optician.

                TINT CHIP
                P.O. BOX 45994
                TAFB, OK 73145

INTERNATIONAL MAIL:  MAILING WEIGHS 1.3oz.  PLEASE SEND ME ENOUGH
POSTAGE TO GET IT BACK TO YOU.