Dear Parkinson's Disease List People,

Hello.  My name is Andy Blatz.  I am currently working for a company in
Foster City California called Axon Instruments.  We design and manufacture
electrophysiology hardware and software.  My particular job niche is to
discover and design new products for the medical instrumentation market.  I
have a long-standing professional and personal interest in neurological
diseases, particularly Alzheimers and Parkinsons.  I grew up in Santa
Monica, CA, got a BA from San Jose State, PhD from University of Washington
in Physiology and Biophysics, did postdoctoral work at the University of
Miami, and was an Assistant Professor of Physiology (until I didn't get
tenure) at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.  I
am an active member of the Biophysical Society and the Society for
Neuroscience.  My research interests include ion channel proteins (including
those that respond to dopamine) of brain and muscle.  I am currently
developing analysis software to differentiate among activity patterns of
different classes of central nervous system neurons.  I have a special
interest in expanding this development to include real-time determination of
neural activity during neurosurgical operations.  I would love to hear from
neurologists and neurosurgeons, as well as basic scientists who are also
interested in these topics.  I am also happy to provide any information that
I posses to non-scientists who are interested in similar topics.  I hope to
support this group any way that I can.

Cheers,
Andy. ([log in to unmask])