Hello, I just subscribed to parkinsn.list

Barbara suggested I introduce myself.

My name is Ron Kessing.  I live in Tempe, AZ.

I am 44 years old and was diagnosed in Oct 1993.

My symtoms were no right arm swing and shakey writing.

Dr. M. Kurth (Barrows Neurological Institute)

diagnosed me in about 5 minutes.  He immediatedly

put me on 5 mg eldepryl 2x per day.  Dr. Kurth invited

me to participate in a pramipexole study.

I think I was on a placebo the first 9 mos.  I am

now on the real thing and it seems to be working.

Still very littly right arm swing, but writing is

much better.  (BTW I also have a little trouble with

trackball and mouse---I'm looking for solutions)

In the grand scheme of things, I do not have much of

a problem with Parkinson.  We caught it early and

treatment is rather mild---eldepryl and pramipexole.

I am interested in studying information on Parkinson

Disease and hearing peoples experiences with the

disease and treatment.  I have searched libraries,

journals and the 'net for info.  I have searched the

Young Parkinson BBS in CA.  It is quite good and is

getting up to date info.

Thank you to the people who provide this service.

Also, I am looking forward to hearing from all

the subscribers.

Ron Kessing     [log in to unmask]

--
"Racing is life, everything before and after is just waiting."