Although this may be old news to some, I will post it anyway.  A friend
recently loaned me a book called "Melatonin..Nature's Sleeping Pill"...by Ray
Sahelian, MD..Published by..'Be Happier Press', PO Box 12619...Marina Del
Ray, CA 90295...ISBN 0-9639755-7-9.  First printed in April (3,000 copies)  &
then June (20,000 copies) 1995.  It is in paperback, price listed on back is
$13.95.  People here (where I am) are passing it around, there seems to be
lots of interest.  Although the primary focus (of the book) is as a sleeping
aid, there is much other reference to other possible effects, including brief
references to PD, Alzheimer's, & Lou Gehrig's (and other conditions).  It
seems quite well written, got some impressive reviews (printed in the book),
and relates stories from a selection of 200+ users.  It may "over-hype" the
concept, but it was worth reading, and I intend to get some (Melatonin) soon
to see just what it may or may not do (for both of us).
p.s. I sure hope this does not look like a 'spam'!  I just wanted to pass it
along to all of you..I have received SO MUCH wonderful information & support
from this list..Thank You to all!! ....Roberta