[log in to unmask]:  I am replying via parkinsn since I read one
message that requested public replys in order to make maximum
use of information.  If this is wasted space, let me know.  I
will send replys one-to-one.

I was diagnosed as PD in Oct 93 with shakey handwriting and
no/little arm swing when walking.  I went on eldepryl 5mg 2x
immediately.  In Jan 94 I started on a blind pramipexole study.
Dr. Kurth and I think I was on the placebo for 9 months, but
we do not know for sure.  In late Sept I started on the real
thing 1.5 mg 3x.  My handwriting is much better, but my arm
swing is unimproved.  On the plus side, I am better than I was
in Oct 93 with no side effects.  Low blood pressure is a
possible side effect, but I have not experienced it.

Dr. Kurth would like to increase dosage, but study  prohibits
it.  I have accidently taken larger dosages with no noticible
improvement.  Perhaps a larger dosage over a longer period of
time would help.

Pramipexole is a dopamine agonist that mimics the effects of
dopamine.  I do not notice any effect if I forget a dosage,
but that may be to my lack of severe symtoms.  As best as I
can tell there is no "on - off" effect.

Dr. Kurth is very excited about the drug and I think I will
stay on it when the 2 year free ride ends.  Maybe the dosage
will increase, but as of right now, I don't think there is
much of benefit.

I have noticed a rather marked increase in shakiness if I
generate adrenalin through anger, excitement,fear etc.  To
offset this, Dr. Kurth prescribed propranolol  20mg as
required.  This seems to help also, especially if I can
anticipate the requirement.

That's all I can think of for right now.  I feel fortunate
to be on the pramipexole study and think it is helping.  The
eldepryl is also crucial in preventing further progression
of the disease.

Bye

--
"Racing is life, everything before and after is just waiting."