A while back I posted my tale of peculiar reaction to ether anesthesia
as a child; to wit, hypersensitivity to ether or alcohol fumes for
several years thereafter. I wondered if this childhood exposure could
connect in any way to onset of PD 65 or more years later. I got no
response at all from the parkinsn listmembers to this suggestion. I
tried 'select ether in parkinsn' and got so many hits they had to be
truncated at nearly 600. But not a single one touched on my question
or even contained the string 'ether' so far as I can tell.

I'm still curious about this, as the use of ether for anesthesia was
so widespread until rather recently. As an informal (and decidedly
unscientific) poll, would like to know how many of the 800 or so
PD patients represented by the list have had a similar experience.

I don't expect a flood of answers, but just in case, please reply to
me direct ([log in to unmask]) and NOT to parkinsn, to avoid clogging
the channel. Thanks,

Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road