Hello everyone, my name is Michael Park.  I live on a farm with my wife, Mary,
outside of Harriston Ontario.  As an elementary school teacher I've just begun
 to 'dip
my toes' into this new technology, little realizing that it would become so
 important or compelling for our family--at the beginning of August, this
year, my father was diagnosed with PD.  Needless to say we've all had
the wind knocked out of our sails and feel like we're we've been trying to
'grab a cloud 'for the past few weeks. (Is the overuse of metaphor common at
his stage?)  The discovery of your discussion group seems like a real
blessing to us.  At last a focus, something concrete that we can do, and a
cautious sense of optimism.  In two weeks Dad is going in for an initial
assessment by a neurologist in Toronto.  As you all must know, we have so
many questions.  Perhaps at the risk of seeming blunt I will simply ask the
ones that come to mind immediately, and, if anyone can help with answers
or knows of a source where answers can be found, I would be thankful:

-What preparation should my mother (who lives with Dad in Brantford) and the
rest of the family make for the neorologist appoinment?

-As a Canadian, what financial implications will there be with this disease?
Dad has group health coverage through his pension--what quesitons does he need
to ask the administrators of the plan?

-Being a new member of this group, I realize that a considerable
amount of information is stored in previous files.  How do I identify that
information within the files so that I would know which ones to access?

-Is anyone aware of a support group within the Brantford area?  Brantford is
about one hour west of Toronto and 35 min. west of Hamilton.

-I've downloaded a list of books, videos and tapes from
Ottawa/Carleton, but would appreciate some direction as to which resources
would be most appropriate and useful to our family which is just
at the beginning of  this process.

-What other questions should we be asking?

Thanking you in advance,  Michael Park
e-mail:                   [log in to unmask]