To Michael Park--Glad you found us!  A couple of suggestions, as I'm
sure others will also answer, and some Canadians will answer about the
local situation.  A good book to start with is the  classic by Sidney
Dorros, "Parkinson's: a Patient's View"--not new, but basic.  Also, by
Sue Dauphin, "Parkinson's Disease:the Mystery, the Search and the Promise"
which is a more general and historical approach.  Another Canadian told me
she was able to reach the (USA)National Parkinson Foundation by their toll free
number: 1-800-327-4545. They will send excellent free pubs and a subscription
to their newsletter.Also, if you have web access, there are a number of PD
"home pages" available--post a request here, and someone will supply addresses
if you can use them.  Do persist in trying to find a support group, too. As
for the neuro appt.--ask ANY questions that they have in mind--there aren't
any "dumb" questions. It has taken us years to discover, thanks to the list,
that one can experiment a bit with meds, in addition to the doctor's fine-
tuning---our neuro NOW (after 6 yrs.) says,"You are allowed 2 extra pills a day
(regular Sinemet)" Never mentioned that before--but be aware that NO TWO
PDers are alike--as to symptoms, meds used, progression, etc. so be pre-
pared to be flexible and keep learning...Success to you all--Camilla
Flintermann, Oxford,Ohio