While perusing "alt.banjo" just now, I came across this gem. And being a
banjo player with PD, the urge to share it with all of you was just too
darn much. While none of the musicians are familiar to me, I think it's
neat that people in the "alt.banjo" newsgroup are supportive of this
event...at least, this guy was.

:)

   Just received a flyer about a local (Washington State) banjo festival.
I am not connected to this festival in any way, but will post the info
for those interested:

  Okanogan County Parkinson's Disease Support Group presents
    BANJO-RAMA 4!!!
   Renowned banjo player, strummers and pickers from Canada, Scotland,
Montana, California, Oregon, Idaho, Arizona and Washington.  Thirty
attention getting banjos feature nationally recognized players.
    "THE BUTTERCUP BUNCH!!!"

  Featuring...
Montana Red is back from successful U.S. Tour!
Bobby, Stephen and Brian Smith: THE SCOTTISH TROUBADORS
Jim Lester: THE MAPLE LEAF KID
Marilyn Redding: MISS PERSONALITY
Lee Thompson: PLAYS JOPLIN
George & Norma Sauer: SURPISE DUO
Walt Lewis: HEADLINER, ELECTRIC CITY JAZZ BAND
Wally Donaldson: VOCALIST
Maribeth Miller: THE BUTTERCUP NIGHTINGALE

  Fabulous Family Entertainment

      SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 1995 AT 7:00
      OMAK PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, OMAK, WASHINGTON

                                   RECEPTION FOLLOWING
                                    HOMEMADE APPLE CIDER AND FRIED CAKES

Tickets $12.50   Phone orders  (509) 826-0390      major credit cards
                                                       accepted

Benefits for the AMERICAN PARKINSON'S DISEASE ASSOC.

   Now you know nearly as much about it as I do.
  Sounds like fun and a worthwhile cause. Weather is usually very good at
that time of year, apple harvest winding down, and a small, friendly
country town. If you're in the northwest, consider a weekend get away!
It's a nice drive.  :-)

Peace,
Pat L.

--