Hi Everybody,
I have just subscribed to this list.  In April, I was diagnosed as having
Parkinson's.  What sent me to the doctor was a tremor in my right leg and foot.
In retrospect, I believe that I have had it at least a couple of years and
didn't recognize the symptoms.  My right arm has been getting rigid.  It does
not swing naturally like my left one does.
When the doctor told me that i might have Parkinson's, I was very upset.  I
could see all my plans that I had for retirement going down the drain.  After I
started seeing a neurologist, he reassured me that great strides have been made
in the treatment of Parkinson's.
I plan on retiring in two years and opening up a smocking/heirloom sewing shop
which I have started in my home on a part time basis.  I now feel that I can go
ahead with my plans.
I don't really know what to expect in the course of this disease and I realize
from reading literature that not everyone has the same symptoms.

Dora Walters in RI    ([log in to unmask])