My name is Pamela Deslongchamps, I have had Parkinsons for almost twelves
year.
I was pregnant with my first daughter while I was working at The Atomic
Energy of Canada.  My mother who also worked there detected a slight tremor
in my right hand, while I was drinking my coffee out of a styrofoam cup.
I went to see a doctor in Oakville, Ontario. Canada and he diagnosed me with
a mild case of Parkinsons.  Of course I was devistated.  I proceeded to get
three other opinions, because at an age of 29 it was at that time unheard of.
 Parkinsons was supposed to be an old persons disease.

At this time, I have made friends with Lynda McKenzie who wrote a letter into
the newspaper in her article she was looking for anyone who was of her age
who had Parkinsons.  I replied and telephoned her and we have kept in touch
ever since.

We now have various meetings with people of our own age who have Parkinsons
at different levels.

I now take Sinemet, Permax, Eldepryl ( some contriversy over this) and
Propranolol.

Is there anyone out there who is taking any of the latter drugs?  I would
appreciate hearing from them.

Lynda and Al will be going to Holland this week to participate in the
Walk-a-thon.

Hope to make some friends along the way,

Pam Deslongchamps.
Transmitted 95-09-12