At 09:50 AM 9/11/95 -0800, you wrote:
>If your father's major symptom is tremor, possibly he could have what is
>called "Essential Tremor".  i just found out about this; it looks like PD.
>Ask your doctor about it.

How does the treatment of "essential tremor" differ from treatment of
Parkinson?

My mom has had a diagnosis of Parkinson's for some years (I think about 7)
and her primary symptom is tremor.  This summer she is really having
problems...my dad died in April so she has a BIG adjustment to make (they
were married just shy of 58 years).  She also had cataract surgery (went
well) and had to put up with the hottest, most humid summer ever in her
home town.  Her neurologist appears to have little more to say then
"You appear to be holding your own"!.  I am totally frustrated and want
a second opinion.  She is only taking Sinemet.  (She is 82 and has no
other major health problems although she does have glaucoma.)  I guess I
may be grasping at straws but I wonder if she also may have been
mis-diagnosed....that's why the question on the treatment of essential tremor.

  Thanks all...your comments, suggestions will be appreciated.

   Catherine