Karin:

My apologies. When replying I mixed up the meanings of "retrovirus" with
"rhinovirus". The rhinovirus is implicated in colds. Retroviruses are
implicated in HIV and AIDS. I was up late typing that reply and apparently
had a brain cramp in my thought processes!

In further reading I learned that St. John's wort is used for "flus" and is
supposed to help kill the flu beasties of certain types of flu. I'm still
intrigued with it and should the occasion arise that I come down with the
flu, I'll try it and let you know how it works for me.

***** Llyn Gruber    <[log in to unmask]> *****
****  Whatever you can do, or dream you can,  ****
*****       begin it--Johann W. von Goethe        *****