Hi,

>But, I think that I should bring to the attention of all Parkinsonians and
>others on the list, that there is available on the Internet now a thing
>called "I-Phone" which permits voice communication via computer and modem
>all over the world. All that is required is: A computer with soundcard,
>microphone,speaker, modem and internet access. The neccessary software can
>be downloaded from "vocaltech.com" and after a trial period, if one wishes,
>be registered.

[speaking with newly-acquired systems admin. hat on]

This sort of "voice over Internet" stuff is *really* evil. Basically it
sends large amounts of information over the Internet in a very antisocial
manner. So bad and so antisocial in fact that a lot of service providers
specifically prohibit using it - this is the case with our provider.

[speaking with user hat on]

Having said that, if they are letting you do it, fine. But more and more
sites are clamping down on this sort of thing, so don't rely on it!

Sorry to be boring, just thought I ought to put another point of view.
Packet networks which were designed for data are not phone networks!

Simon

Simon J. Coles                       Email: [log in to unmask]
                                Home Phone: +44 1932 220073
                                Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
--------------- Life is too precious to take seriously ---------------