Dear Mr. & Mrs Martone :

I couldn't figure out how to e-mail you directly but wanted to thank you so
much for sharing your experience with Pallidotomy surgery with me. This
information is absolutely invaluable to me and again thanks so much for
taking the time to respond to my question.

I do not have Parkinson's but my 56 year old father does. He was diagnosed
last year but has been symptomatic for years. He is doing okay I guess
although I do notice that he slows down a bit every week. He is only taking
Eldepryl, he didn't want to take Sinimet until he had to but I think he will
be starting on it soon. After he was diagnosed he started  swiming everyday
and I think that really helps him both physically and mentally.  He also
works seven days a week, I'm not sure how great that is for him but since his
work is really his passion in life I think that helps him keep going as well
as maintaining a  positive outlook.

I am starting to investigate surgery and other possible treatments for him
and all the info that I've gotten on the Parkinson Server has been wonderful.
Every couple of days I print it all out and bring it to my parents and I it's
really provided them with a sense of hope and has help all of us overcome the
feeling that we are all alone. My dad feels that a fetal cell transplant
would be more beneficial to him then the Pallidotomy because he has not
started Sinimet and as yet has no dyskenisia. I do not know if this is the
case and hope I can find a good doctor to evaluate his options.

Congratulations on Nancy's succesful surgery. I realize that  the road to a
cure is a long and winding one but I am so grateful for the amazing progress
that has been made.

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers-

Juliet Dutton