 As I am the caregiver with the high speed computer access, my wife,
 the one with parkinson, has ask I post the following questions.
 First, a little bio-stats. My wife, Patsy, age 55 (next Monday) has
 been diagnosed with PD for 10 years, although we suspect she probably
 had it 2-4 years prior and was not diagnosed.
 Since early June her hip has been giving her extreme pain and getting
 more painful all the time. The diagnosis is dysplasia and all the
 cartilage is gone from the right hip joint. The doctors say she needs to:
 1. Live with the pain and take pain medication and walk with a cane
    or walker and learn to live with it.

 2. Have hip replacement surgery.

 Our Orthopedic Doctor at Stanford Medical Center wants to do the
 cementless joint replacement, as she is so young and would probably
 need to have it redone in 12-15 years.

 Questions for this forum are:

 1. Have any of you had hip replacement surgery?

 2. Do you know of anyone who has had it done?

 3. What kind did they have, the cement or cementless?

 4. Did they also have PD?

 We are concerned about the length of time you must not put weight
 on the hip and are not supposed to giggle, wiggle, move the hip
 joint area for several days/weeks after the cementless surgery.
 As some of you know, for a PD person that is probably next to
 impossible.

 We welcome all comments, thoughts, experiences (good/bad) or
 other input you have for us.

 Thank you for any information you might provide.

 Chuck & Patsy Niggley    [log in to unmask]