      My mother has had PD for about four years now.  Over the last three
years her left hand has slowly become more rigidity and her left leg has
slowly decreased in mobility.  However, in the last few months things have
gone down hill.  She recently found out that her right knee has arthritis.
 The pain has been so bad she recently had her knee(right) scoped and cleaned
of the arthritis.  The doctors said that she should be OK for a while, but
 in the big picture that some day she would have to have her knee replaced.
 The doctors don't want to replace the knee now because my mom is so
young(50) and they said if they did the surgery now that in 10-15 years she
would need to have it replaced again.  However, I thought that she might be
able to recover better at a younger age and that the recovery might be a
little easier on her sense her PD is not that bad in her legs.
     I have a few questions for this forum:
 1. Have any of you had knee replacement surgery?
 2. Do you know of anyone who has had it done?
 3. Did they also have PD?

Thank you for any information you might provide.

Michael Stutz([log in to unmask])