Dear Bette,

March 1994, I started a project called "PC=2". PC=2 stands for a second life
for a Personal Computer. It has grown to a working group with 5 people
involved.
What do we do ? Collect old computers by writing to firms if they have some
oldies just
standing somewhere. We explain what PD is and that we like to give back
the contacts with the outside world. PD's can write again and some of  them
will have
a modem (also works in an oldie).
Also people who buy a second or third set are asked to donate their old set
to our society.
The computers are cleaned, checked out and software is installed before they
are sold to our members. When somebody can't effort the $200 (s)he can borrow
the set. We have now collected about 50 sets. From commodore 64 up to 386's.
Most of them we got for free, but we have also a lot of expenses. Compaq
donated us
3 brand new machines : 386's.
So write and call some companies, explain the project to the local radio and
you'll get them.

Success !!

Kees