Date: Sat, 09 Sep 1995 12:02:30 EDT
From: [log in to unmask] (MRS MARY B MOODY)
Subject: Intro & Request for Poems

I'm sorry, but I've enjoyed this listserver for a few months now
without contributing. I tried once or twice, but was unsuccessful.
Once the "pump is primed" I will continue.

I subscribe to the Writer's Digest magazine and found the following
in The Markets section:

Talent by the Lb., a publisher of "small books for special readers,"
is looking for writers with disabilities to submit first-person,
humorous anecdotes involving their disabilities.  Editor Lynn Bradley
is particularly interested in "adult-onset" disabilities, as opposed
to "born with" or "since childhood" disabilities.  Only 1 anecdote
per writer will be accepted, and those chosen will be published in an
anthology called NEVER POWDER A LADY'S BEARD: COPING WITH YOUR OLD
SELF AND YOUR NEW DISABILITY.

Terms:  Pays $20 on publication for first rights to anecdotes up to
500 words.  Submissions:  Send computer manuscript on disk and hard
copy; Microsoft Word preferred.  Responds in 3-6 months.  Box 531,
Sugar Land, Texas  77487-0531, USA.

I was DX'd with PD one year ago, and have found wonderful support and
many new friends thru this Listserver, the Prodigy Medical BB, and my
local support group.  I am nearly 44 years old, have two teenage sons,
 a fantastik husband, and a good job.  I have experienced all kinds
of emotions and adjustments because of having PD.  With some therapy,
and much support from everyone, I think (and hope) I am coming to
terms with it.  I view this as a blessing, rather than a curse, and
believe it serves some purpose.  I'm still trying to figure it out.
I love the computer.  I want to publish.  I especially want to share
all this information with those who are interested.  I having been
researching the fava bean/dopamine information and plan to publish a
small booklet containing the info, plus any recipes I locate.  I'm
more interested in providing a service, than making money.  So if any
of you have info to share, that has not been shared yet, please let
me know. I would appreciate it!   Sorry about the length.  I'll
contribute more the next time.  I don't want to take up more space.
Mary Moody (not moody too much!) , Battle Creek, Michigan USA