Dear Dora:

While my husband (the PD patient) hasn't wanted to travel much in the
past five or six years of his PD (diagnosed 11 years ago; also has it in
his right side and feet, but not much in his hands), we have a friend in
Berkeley whose hands are the affected part.  She spent a month in Europe
by herself, receive lots of help from people around her, some of them
strangers, when she needed it, and even went to Sweden to buy a car, as
she has done several times in the past.  She has always been a regular
traveler, and simply isn't going to give up because of PD.  You probably
don't have to either.  If your hands are less affected, you could
probably do very well managing your own business on your own timetable,
and enjoy it a lot.  I admire my friend's energy and resolve.  I think
you can keep yourself young that way.  Go for it!

k.

Mrs. Karin M. Beros, MSO                        [log in to unmask]
International and Area Studies                  voice:  (510) 642-8542
Office of the Dean, 260 Stephens Hall           fax:    (510) 642-9466