Thank you, Nancy Walker.  Today would have been my father's 74th birthday.
 He died Aug. 3 of PD.  He, too, found joy and peace in prayer and accepted
the suffering he endured.  Even after he was placed on a feeding tube and was
bedridden, he still was able to smile when he saw from his window a stray
rabbit or cat in the courtyard of his nursing home.  His walk with God was
contagious and the peace he experienced through the last miles of his disease
was noticed by the young and the old who cared for his needs.  The day before
his death (my birthday) my mother pointed out to my father a small white dove
sitting in a tree just outside his window.  Daddy smiled and was, again, at
peace.  This time, however, it was different.  By morning Daddy was gone.  I
feel sorrow for the loss but am comforted because of Daddy's positive
attitude.  He taught those around him, and taught them well, that there is
good in all things and only God knows the reason we as limbs must bow in the
wind.  Daddy's suffering tested his and his loved ones positive attitude.
 Thank you, Nancy, on this special day. - Betty in AZ