Good day,

        I am a member of this list because my lady, Becky, has PD and I am
committed to providing her the support she needs.  This includes information
when I can.

        I am a Systems Analyst for Electronic Data Systems.  I have been
defining processes for others to use for the past two years.  With context
set, I'd like to voice a couple of wonderings I have.

        First, concerning the real estate spam et al, I wonder why there is so
much discussion about it.  I saw the huge list of Morrison messages, read the
first two, deleted them and then highlighted the balance of the messages and
deleted them.  I'd like to gently mention that it has taken me more time to
read all the follow-up messages from members of the list than it took to
delete the original messages.  Suggestion: use the wondefulness of the delete
key and just ignore the inconvenience of spams.

        Second, I am often touched by the caring, thoughtful responses to
questions by members on the list, but....  I wonder why, when a technical
question related to managing your account on the list, is answered (correctly)
by so many people.  I thought that John Cottingham was tasked with
distributing this information.  Maybe, rather than have multiple people
respond to a question, John should be the single authorized responder to these
sorts of questions, thus cutting down on the number of messages.  Certainly,
when John is unavailable a backup should be designated, but this is a normal
procedure.

        Lastly, upon joining the list, a new member should receive a message
listing these (possible) rules along with the information necessary to
retrieve information from the archives.

        Thud endth my wonderings.  At the risk of cluttering the list with
non-PD stuff I just had to share my wonderings.

Jeff Jones - my lady's gentleman