  My name is Lloyd Stewart,  I am 52, almost retired medical
practitioner,  and have had PD for 8 years. I  try and write, and have
some case studies hopefully being published. I have three daughters
who live away from home.  I am engaged to Janine, who is able to
see me at weekends, and who is the joy of my life, since she met me
when I was not well. The things I like to do include gliding, homebuilt
airplanes, eye operations, community health, research, teaching,
writing.  I have worked in Aboriginal health, psychiatry, nursing
education (human bioscience) general practice, leprosy, and was an
eye sugeon when I got PD. I amuse myself trying to solve medical
problems which are rare, or to educate people about their illness,
doing literature searches etc.
I take selegeline 2.5 mg per week, acetazolamide 65 mg/day, and 200
mg/day sinemet CR. Even on this low dose, my mood swings up and I
get euphoric. If this upward swing continues it eventually leads to
delerium, so I take 100 mgm sinemet CR so my mood slows down
and I can barely get dressed. If 100 mgm doesn't help small doses of
valium, and/or no sinemet for 2 or 3 days restores me to normal
mentally.   I am trying 250 microgram of clonazepam daily since
higher doses made me into a zero blood alcohol drunk driver and
made me sleepy and very slow. I can find no references to trials of
treatment such as mood stabilisers for moodswings, bipolar,
hypomania or mania in PD.
If anyone can help I will be eternally grateful.

Box 608 Wangaratta 3676 Australia