>To: [log in to unmask] (Acumark800)
>From: [log in to unmask] (James B. Morrison, Jr.)
>Subject: Why Columbia, South Carolina?
>Bcc:
>Plz email. We are considering setting up a branch office in Columbia
>(mortgages and RE investing). All info is helpful.
>
>       Columbia, South Carolina is the Capitol of South Carolina.  Geographically
located in the center of the triangular state.  You are only an hour and a
half from putting your feet in a cold mountain stream or basking in the surf
near Charleston.
>       For business purposes this central location allows quick access to the
Greenville /Spartenburg corridor and the port city of Charleston.  All three
metropolitan areas as well as Charlotte, North Carolina and Augusta, Georgia
are connected by the same interstate highway system.  Quick,  economical air
transportation is also available to Charlotte, Atlanta and Jacksonville
Florida.  The business climate is relaxed and yet extremely progressive.
>       As a former New Yorker I can appreciate the logistical and transportation
advantages of Columbia but there is a lot more to this place than location.
Columbia offers cultural and entertainment events that rival many town its'
size and larger.  Columbia has an exciting zoo and one of the finest
botanical gardens in the world.  It is the home oft he University of South
Carolina, Allen University, Benedict College, Columbia College, and two
seminaries.
>       Having lived in large metropolitan areas I have come to appreciate the
small town atmosphere that remains in this thriving city.  Yes, we have
traffic jams, yes we have violence in schools but here it is a joint effort
on the part of families and the community to get involved and solve these
problems.  When we say local government we mean: you see the mayor in the
grocery store and speak to him, the county administrator gives you his home
telephone number.  These may not be compelling reasons to locate your
business in Columbia but they are compelling reasons to want to live here.
>       If you decide to locate in Columbia, are if you need additional
information you may call me at home or at my office.  I am a Coldwell-
Banker Real Estate agent and I own a business Internet Publishing, Inc.  I
am also a builder and developer.