Good on you Mary Yost.  You are indeed a mover and shaker in both senses.

The idea of a PD village must be kept alive for all of us and  our care
givers - and especially for those with no caregivers.  As you said we can
help each other in the proper setting - a village or colony or commune.  We
should look into FDR's Hot Springs.  Polio is not an issue now, but PD is.
 Lordy but wouldn't a nice hot spring pool go good just about now for my poor
sore legs.  Our "colony" would have to have a 24 hour cafe for those of us
with insomnia or nighttime creepies.  We could call it Night & Day Cafe and
I'll bet half the residents would be there every night.  I  know I'd be
there.

Having our commune near a PD centre or clinic is perfect.

I hope Simon Coles picks up his E-mail.  His father Derek Coles was Chairman
of Parkinson's Disease Society of the United Kingdom during the time of
building their first project of specialized housing for people with PD and
their carers.  I found an old address for PDS which might work - 22 Upper
Woburn Place, London WC1H ORA    Telephone 071-383-3513

I think we need to make sure a lot of PDers know what  we are thinking and
even though I can't deal with the new file compacts of the Toronto PD list
and can't read the messages therein, I will cc this to that list.  The more
ideas we get from a lot of people the better.  Someone with a big bank
account might want to take on a project.

Regards,
barbara Yacos