am a new subscriber and have been told it would be polite to
introduce myself. (what, no lurkers? :-)  ) fair enough; here goes:

I am M.A.J. McKenna, a health and medicine reporter at the Atlanta
Journal-Constitution. I'm sure you are all aware that Emory University in
Atlanta has a pallidotomy program and is conducting a clinical trial of the
procedure. I've subscribed to this list in preparation for a story on
pallidotomy, focusing on the Emory program.

(Pause for my standard disclaimer: I subscribe to a number of mailing lists
to gather background on story topics. I recognize and  respect the community
nature of such lists and I do not quote from posts with receiving the prior
permission of the author. OK?)

If any list-member has comments - pro or con - on pallidotomy, in general or
as practiced at Emory or elsewhere; the public interest in pallidotomy; the
state of clinical research  into pallidotomy; or anything else you think i
should know, i would be thrilled to get private e-mail. I imagine the list
has been through all this before.

Cheers,

M.A.J. McKenna
the Atlanta Journal-Constitution