On Sun, 17 Sep 1995 [log in to unmask] wrote:
>         First, concerning the real estate spam et al, I wonder why there is so
> much discussion about it.....(stuff deleted)...Suggestion: use the
wondefulness of the delete > key and just ignore the inconvenience of spams.

....Very good advice, Jeff.  Many of our members are very new at using email
and replies to the list about spamming just compounds the confusion.

I wonder why, when a technical
> question related to managing your account on the list, is answered (correctly)
> by so many people.  I thought that John Cottingham was tasked with
> distributing this information.

...John has not been 'tasked with distributing this information'.  He has
voluntarily shared his expertise with us (especially me) and we owe him a
debt of gratitude for helping us wade through the computer/internet
jargon and making it much simpler to find/do what we want to.  Thanks
again, John.

>         Lastly, upon joining the list, a new member should receive a message
> listing these (possible) rules along with the information necessary to
> retrieve information from the archives.

...That is a good idea, Jeff.  In fact, I am planning in the near future
to revise the 'welcome' message to include John's information.  I don't
want to make it too overwhelming for 'newbies' though.

>         Thud endth my wonderings.  At the risk of cluttering the list with
> non-PD stuff I just had to share my wonderings.

...Thanks for sharing your 'wonderings'. :) Barb