I have been watching from the wings (lurking?) for a while now and
feel that I can contribute to the group.

I am 55 years old and was diagnosed two and a half years ago.  My
wife, Margaret, is my carer, right hand and confidante and I would be
lost without her. I thank God every day for her love and her
presence.

When I was first diagnosed, my neurologist had me in for monthly
appointments and seemed to be recommending an almost monthly increase
in my daily Sinemet Plus intake.  Soon. I found myself on eight a day
and wondering when would it all start to make sense.

Then, we had a period whenhe  was suggesting a reduction until I found
myself down to three a day.  (Hold tight, it gets better!)

After about a year, my neurologist employed a new registrar and I
went to see him.  He saw me as a "typically underdosed Parkinson's
sufferer."

"What can I do" I asked?

"I can't answer that for you", he said, "because I'm not in your
body. What I want you to do is go home and, under the watchful eye of
your wife, experiment until you find the dose that suits you best.
Only you will know what that is, and only your carer will be able to
keep a close watch on you as you go about this."

So, we did it, and now I am happily stabilised on one Madopar Disper
to start the day, together with 2xEldepryl.  During the day. I take
my six Sinemet Plus at two-hourly intervals - the last one being
taken at about 7 p.m. each day.  On most days I am in bed by 10.15
a.m., rising early at about 5.30 to 6.am.

The thing I find most puzzling is that I feel wonderful in the
morning when I first get up out of bed - at a time when I have been
without medication for about nine hours - then it's downhill all the
way!  My neurologiast says that this sometimes happens and is OK.

I know of only one other PD person like this and just wonder if there
are any more like that on this list?

I might add that I was forced into early retirement by the company I
worked for and have not regretted a minute of it so far.

Let me tell you that I'm looking forward to hearing your responses.

One other question....

Are there any more UK Parkies out there?  If there are, please get in
touch.

Ron Herstell
Whittlesey, Peterborough, England.