To add a patient's (42;2) perspective on MAO inhibition: I am taking
Parnate which is an  inhibitor of MAO A and B and was perscribed by one of
the DATATOP study researchers. His intuition is that, given the DATATOP
study showed that  selegiline, Deprenyl, Eldepryl (MAO B inhibitor) did not
significant effect the metabolism of dopamine, this process might be
shunted by the brain to MAO A. Thus inhibiting both should efffectively
block the metabolism of dopamine, reduce the destructive metabolites and
thus slow the progress of PD. We'll see. BTW, I do not find the diet all
that demanding even if it has curtailed my quiche consumption!

Best regards,

David