I have been enjoying and learning from all the messages I have received from
the list.  I am 54 years old and was diagnosed with PD in April of 1989.  I
have been quite stubborn about taking medicine, and have been taking only
Eldepryl.  I am happy to take it because of the possibility that it is slowing
down the progress of the disease.  I put up with an extreme tremor on my left
side--and though I can function otherwise I keep being told by the
neurologists (who would like for me to take Sinement and/or Cogentin) that I
am not thriving and must take the medication in order to thrive.  Life is
quite beautiful for me so I'm not sure what I'm missing (maybe a cleaner house
as I don't have a lot of energy for physical labor) but I remain leary of the
medications.  I am particularly interested in learning about any alternative
treatments any of you have tried or heard of.
There are so many ways of experiencing life, and life with Parkinson's Disease
is just one of those ways.  If given the choice I would choose to be without
it.  At the same time I haven't been given that choice so I intend to enjoy
every minute of life that I have as a parky.
Have a wonderful day! - and thank you for reading--and writing.
102466,3127 (Compuserve)