Today we reached another numerical milestone.  We now have 900+ members on
the parkinsn list from at least 28 countries. (The number of countries is
a little indefinite because the listserver counts everyone with U.S.-based
access providers such as AOL, Prodigy, CompuServe as U.S.  It also counts
our member[s] from Bermuda and Mexico as U.S.)

As you may know, I am a secretary and my job involves using a computer
for multiple purposes (and multiple faculty members) and answering the
phone and all of the other secretary-type things...except getting my
boss's coffee...she gets mine.  :)  So far, Parkinson's has mostly
affected my left side.  I have a brace (AFO) on my left leg and my left
arm and hand are weaker than my right.  Medications, Sinemet 100/25 taken
3 times a day and Eldepryl/Selegiline, 5 mg taken twice a day have
controlled most of the obvious symptoms but I still tire easily.

My work station was assessed today to try to find ways to make working
easier for me.  The person who was assessing it said she knew very little
about Parkinson's and perhaps we should get someone from Occupational /
Physiotherapy to help design one.  When we were talking about the parkinsn
list, she asked me to post a message asking our members for suggestions.
She also asked me to find out what adjustments we have made (or had made
for us) in order to continue working.

So.....

Barb