Subject:  Pergolide (Permax)

My father-in-law (the PD sufferer) is currently on Sinemet and Eldepryl, having
discontinued Apomorphin a few months ago since it was causing him to become
increasingly confused and out of touch with reality.  He started on Apomorphin
a couple of years ago and initially it worked very well indeed, but after the
first year or so the effects lessened, requiring an increased dosage and
increasing the side-effects.

His neurologist is now suggesting to try Pergolide (Permax).  Coincidentally,
I've seen a couple of mails to the list on this subject this morning just
before typing out this request for more info on this drug - so please just
keep those comments rolling in.

Louis Zammit-Mangion