 Many, who later in life are diagnosed with Parkinson's disease first appear
with tremor. Although no association has been discovered between essential
tremor and Parkinson's disease, similarities exist.

 Essential tremor has a hereditary component. Offspring of an essential tremor
parent have a 46% chance of developing the disease.

 Bain's study documents that onset predominately occurrs in the twenties
and is progressive to include all by the age of 65. There is no evidence of the
disease skipping a generation.

 Tremor generally starts in the hands and progresses upward. Bain concludes,
"Physicians probably underestimate the effect of tremor on patients' lives
and overestimate the practical benefits of the medical treatments available."

 The following study is presented for research purposes.

John Cottingham    "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know a subject,
                    or we know where we can find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]                   Dr. Samuel Johnson