---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 05:14:22 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Welcome

Hi Barb,
My name is Eddie Amundsen and my dad was diagnosed 15 years ago with
Parkinson's.  My dad has been doing really well up until about last year.  He
is 53 now and the medicine does not seem to be working.  He goes to Stanford
every 2 months to see Dr. Wasserstein.  Lately my dad has been having
paranoid reactions to the medicine he is taking.  He is also starting to show
schizophrenia tendencies from his medicine.  He thinks my mom is going to
leave him and he thinks we are talking and making fun of him.  We try and
help him whenever possible, but it seems that it is just getting worse.  I
pray to God every night for him to take it away.  My dad is now being looked
at for surgery.  They want to do this gamma laser treatment on his brain.
 You have probably heard about the treatment.  They have tapered his medicine
off and it seems to be helping, but it is now getting harder for him to move
and he gets very depressed.  This bothers my mom alot and I worry about her
because she was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago and I do not want it
to come back.  I am 24 years old and I graduated from Fresno State last year
with a Psychology Degree and I am now in the credential program to become a
teacher.  I have studied alot about this disease and everything about it.  I
did a case study on my dad last year and I learned alot about it.  Well I am
sorry I wrote so much, but I just needed to talk to someone who knows
something about this.  If you want to show other people this letter it is
alright.  Thankyou again and God Bless You and may God relieve you of
Parkinson's also.

Sincerely Eddie Amundsen
Fresno, California