NADH (also called Coenzyme 1) stands for nicotinamide adeninedinucleotide.
The doctor responsible for bringing deprenyl from the research lab into
clinical medicine created NADH, Professor Georg Birkmayer MD, PhD, Vienna.
Birkmayer has used NADH to successfully treat people with PD, Alzheimer's
and depression. People also take NADH to increase energy. NADH has a
hydrogen molecule that acts as an energy source in our cells.  -taken from
Life Extension Magazine.
"Since 1988, Birkmayer used NADH to treat more than 885 PD'ers. Eighty
percent of those people showed moderate to excellent improvements in their
disability. Birkmayer believes that most of the people who didn't improve
had avanced arteriosclerosis that prevented the coenzyme from reaching the
brain. Far more important than the initial improvements is that those people
have not deteriorated at all in the years since NADH treatments began. Most
of them have been able to discontinue or decrease their use of L-dopa".
-from 'The Supplement' (newsletter of Menuco Corp).
The best and most thorough article was from 'our own' Wendy Tebay. Her
article was posted 6-30-95; Subject NADH/Coenzyme 1/Etc. If you aren't able
to retrieve this article, let me know. I accidentally 'blew it away' from
files but I have a hard copy I can fax or mail.
Lisa Carper
P.S. If anyone is able to retrieve Wendy's article, please forward it to me
or post again to this network. Thanks.