>Of course long term care insurance is unavailable for my husband, the
>parkinsonian, or any other person with parkinson disease.  However, I
>realized it might be important for me to have this, while i can still
>acquire it.  Only healthy people need apply.  The reasoning behind it is
>that  my husband could not care for me should I break a limb
>or become incapacitated in other ways.  The future does not look
>promising for adequate health care for the elderly.
>Perhaps someone has a solution to this problem.

This may be some what off-tangent, and i don't want to sound whiney, but
Rhea Dorn's words above highlight something i feel strongly about:
Insurance companies (in all their incarnations) should not be a profit
motive venture.

I'm only 28, and i am essentially locked into my insurance company with my
current policy; my "pre-existing condition" results in me being treated
like a Leper by insurance companies.

Wish i had a solution!

"Peace from the Clouds"                              \--*MH*--/

Jeffrey Romanyshyn                                Email: [log in to unmask]
"Myth Hawk"

28/Diagnosed 3yrs/Sinemet CR 2x/Sinemet 10/100 as morning booster/Eldepyrl
5mg 1x/Homeopathy Treatment

Myth tells us where we come from, who we are, and where we are going.

If you wish, please check out some of my poetry (written under the
psuedonym ROM CARPATHIAN) and other fine literary creations at the M. David
Lewis Enterprises HomePage at: http://www.mdle.com/