I read with interest the message from Joyce about Permax...I would like to
know what were the 'bad' effects from Eldepryl.  I am asking because my
husband seems to have some reaction to the Eldepryl as well...primarily leg
cramping, and/or 'toe/foot 'curling'.  When he reduces the dosage from 2 per
day to 1, this seems to go away.  Joyce, did you stop taking the Eldepryl
altogether after starting the Permax?  Is Permax intended to to the same
thing as Eldepryl?   Thank you for your input...we are going to the Neuro in
a few weeks, and I am getting prepared to ask all these questions (and more).
 Hubby currently is taking 5mg. Eldepryl per day (down from 2), and was just
recently reduced from 3 25/100 sinamet per day to 3 10/100 as he has been
having severe dizzyness (especially when trying to get out of bed in the
morning), and the Doc thinks it is drug dose related. He has also halved the
blood pressure drug (Accupril).   The other interesting factor is that this
dizzyness became much more severe after the latest refill of sinimet
(generic) which came from a different mfg. - apparently there can be some
significant variation.....we now have specified "no substitute" to avoid
similar problems in the future (we hope).  Anyone else find this to be so??
Now we hope that we do not trade a relief from the dizzy spells for increased
PD symptoms!  We go back in 10 days to discuss again...what 'fun'.
Any input appreciated!!!!!!   I am posting this to the board as opposed to
e-mail 'cause I feel others benefit from this type of info.  And what a
wondeful resource this is!!!       Roberta