        Subject: Endless Post
        Author:  Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange
        Date:    9/26/95 4:40 PM

 There's been recent discussion of the types of posts "appropriate" to this
 list, and there's obviously some strong feelings on this.  EVERYONE's
 concerns are important, and we're too small a group in the great scheme of
 things to be split internally (though we naturally will be on some
 issues). There may be a way to accommodate folks who expect different
 things from this list.

 There may be some value to considering implementing *two* parkinsons
 lists:

 - One for more informational posts, like issues of drugs, treatments,
 dosing, symptoms, etc.  Call it the "parkinsons information list", or
 something like that.

 - Another list could be for more subjective, personal, "chatty" (no
 offense intended by that at all!) exchange.  Call that "parkinsons
 discussion list" or something.

 We can leave it up to the senders as to which list would be most
 appropriate for their posts (some may be appropriate for both), and to the
 readers as to which lists they want to subscribe to or which list to
 read/download today.

 I know there are times (usually, these days) when I'm so busy, I just want
 very factual stuff, and delete most of the parkinson's mail wholesale, and
 other days when I'm less rushed and I welcome the more humanistic posts.
 I expect some folks might only want one type of information or the other,
 and this would be a way to segregate that information in advance.  It
 certainly would be a shame for folks to leave this list and miss valuable
 information, just because they're being overwhelmed with all the traffic.

 I'm not intending to propose more work for Barbara, either!  There must be
 a way to provide an unmoderated list.  I just don't know how that's done.

 People may think that the two-list idea is just too much work, and may not want
 to have to look in two places for posts.  That's valid too, but I though I'd
 just toss out the idea for discussion.

-- garyZ