On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, "Jerry A. Finch" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>   If I might be so rude as to offer a suggestion: It's enough for us
who have
>to pay per minute to download the Digest to wade through the "How To
Make A
>Million" trash which appears far too often, but some, dare I say
most, of us are
>not really interested in a 20+ page address on ET. Perhaps a better
place to
>post it would be to the WWW site, of even ask if someone might be
interested and
>offering to download it directly to them.
>  Yesterday's Digest took 10 minutes to download. We are seeing more
and more
>folks sign off because it takes too long to download/read. I fell
that the
>purpose of this BB is to gather, inform and support, not overburden.
I realize
>there are those who may disagree, which they are free to do, so don't
waste your
>time in a flame war.

I just subscribed to this server expecting to obtain information
concerning medication, side effects, and if possible, information
concerning the speed at wich PD progresses (I am 44 and was diagnosed
six months ago).  I was greatly suprised at the volume of "stuff",
most of which was not related to Parkinson's, that I received.
In fact, today I could not download the mail at all and lost most of
what was on my server.
Has anybody considered implementing a moderater on this mailing list?
I like the idea of two lists. One for factual information and one for
other topics.

http://rampages.onramp.net/~mgiles/