         On September 4, Nicolaas Marais sent the list a short note
         about an interesting tidbit his wife had picked up on CNN
         about curing stuttering by lowering one's dopamine level.

         I haven't seen anything further about this and am wondering
         if anyone can direct me to any reference.  Was something
         published recently that CNN picked up for their story?

         If what CNN reported is true, it leads to a couple more
         questions:

         1) Do stutterers who get Parkinson's have less trouble with
         their stuttering after getting the disease, due to a lowering
         of their dopamine level?

         2) Do Parkinsonians who were not stutterers sometimes have
         trouble with stuttering after raising their dopamine level
         with sinemet?

         Does anyone have information about research into any of this?

         Thanks,
         Charlie Barasch
         Plainfield, VT