I agree Simon.

We have to do something or we will be the victims of our own success.  I
have been responding to some issues by direct E-mail sometimes passing on
postings  made months ago before the person asking the question was a member
That way he or she gets the information without cluttering the net with
repitition. It might also be useful if there are groups of relevant postings
on the same topic to develop a library say of discussions about Pallidotomy
perhaps doing a search and then arranging and editing.  It would be a lot of
work but a whole lot of practical experience,  ideas, humor, poetry
frustration and elation  are burried in the archives.   I enjoy reading the
whole list but if I miss a couple days it takes hours to catch up.  Also
direct E-mail gets mixed in with the list and in at least one instance
someone had an important question that I found 10 days later because I
thought it was a general list posting.

Simon - your idea is a good one if you are willing to take it on and your
company is willing to support you.  Before doing it perhaps we shold come up
with a number of proposals and vote on them.  It is hard to reach concensus
among 900 people but we ought to work at it.

I will likely subscribe to sll of the services bu for the people who just
wnt an answer to a quick question and lurk in the background- lets not
intimidate them off of the list.

Thanks for your offer,

Charlie
 Charles T. Meyer