Regarding the post from Simon Coles where he suggests setting up a PD-Contrib
mailing list, although I think the concept is good, I do not think it is a good
idea to separate the two lists in this way.  Ultimately it could end up with two
lists and the greatest strength of the Parkinsn  list is that it is a SINGLE
forum for us all to participate in.  There already are many Parkinson WWW sites
which detract from a central focus.

There are a number of options which could be considered such as:
1) Would it not be possible for long informative posts to be sent to another
address still associated with the U. of T listserver and then simply stored on a
weekly basis as is currently done for the Parkinsn list?  We can all now access
the Parkinsn list information in weekly or monthly blocks through gophering to
the U. of Toronto server.
2)  I am not familiar with the listserver technology but would it be possible
for the listserver to automatically take posts longer than a fixed limit and
then separate them out and put them in a weekly summary file?

The bottom line is we should be very careful about splitting the central focus
we now have with the Parkinsn list.

Norm Ichiyen
(P) Ruth Ichiyen
46, 5